Wednesday 5 January 2011

Q7. What Do you think you have learnt in progression from your preliminary task to the full product?

My first site was plain and very conventional, following the rules of school site design. I knew how it should look but I wasn't very creative in the way it was constructed or with the images and the colour scheme. I understood the conventions of a school site from my research but I wasn't creative in how I used them. I would say our designs were safe and boring. I think the final draft of the new site shows how much I have developed creatively and that I'm not afraid to challenge conventions to make a product more appealing to an audience. A school is very corporate in a lot of ways but it doesn't have to be. If I was going to do the school site again I would make it bright and exciting for young people and not focus so much on the parents. I think I would aim it at the students and then have a section for parents to get information that was a bit more formal.

I've also learnt how to use blogger more effectively as time went on. I think I was a bit afraid of it at the start and I've been a bit lazy about getting posts up on time for the first draft. Once I realised what I could do and saw what other people were doing I started to get my work scanned and uploaded and get my blog organised. I think there's still a lot of work I've done that I haven't uploaded but when I do my A2 blog I'll keep it organised like a portfolio to show my ideas more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment